Our course was designed aims to provide training in port and security as required by the International Ship & Port Facility Security or known as ISPS Code and Malaysia government.
The course aims to provide knowledge for managing risk and permitting the meaningful exchange and evaluation of information between contracting government, companies, port facilities and ships.
In Malaysia, the ISPS Code has become a law under Laws of Malaysia, Act A1316 Merchant Shipping Ordinance.
The training is designed for:
- Marine Facility Security Officer (MFSO)
- Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Ship Security Officer (SSO)
- Port Auxiliary Police (AP)
- ISPS Awareness Course
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate code of ethic, roles and responsibility of Security Team in designated zones as mentioned in ISPS Code and Akta Kawasan Larangan dan Tempat Larangan
- Understand roles and responsibility of Security Team during emergency situation.
- Able to analyse and identify vulnerability and threats
- Able to assess the situation for Emergency Response Team
- Able to assess the security program and identify opportunity of improvement
- Knowledge of current security threats and patterns
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices
- Recognition of threat's characteristics and behaviour
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
- Crowd management and control techniques
- Security related communications
- Operations of security equipment and system
- Testing, calibration and maintenance of security equipment and system
- Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and storage.
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course: