Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
This 3 days training will develop a broad understanding of Six Sigma and lean methodologies and develop capability to understand and use basic tools for process improvement. Learn to contribute to Lean Six Sigma projects and deliver meaningful results.
Cover the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology and integrated lean tools and techniques, with all course content available online in an on-demand format.
Who Should Attend:
Attendees should be those seeking to improve their process improvement skills and/or companies that have embarked upon a Lean Six Sigma deployment and require training for a broad audience.
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business objectives.
- Use the five-step D-M-A-I-C model to improve processes.
- Participate in the development or refinement of a project charter.
- Build and understand process maps, Pareto charts, affinity diagrams, trend charts, control charts, and histograms.
- Identify the root cause of a problem.
- Use a failure mode and effects analysis to set priorities for improvement.
- Document process changes and use a control plan to prevent backsliding.
Day 1: Introduction
- Higher Standards for Higher Performance
- Lean Six Sigma Defined
- Input Determines Output
- Success Stories
- The 99.9% Problem
- The Sigma Level
- Calculating the Sigma Level – Toolset
- DNA of a Champion
- Lean Six Sigma Framework
- DMAIC ‐ The Lean Six Sigma Improvement Process
- Lean and DMAIC
- Organizing for Success
Day 2: Tools for Improvement Define and Measure
- Project Charter Toolset
- Process Mapping
- Process Mapping (SIPOC) Toolset
- Process Flow Charts and Swim Lanes
- Value‐Added Flow Charts
- Affinity Diagram Toolset
- CTQC Tree Diagram Toolset
- Voice Of The Customer As Specifications
- DEFINE Progress Review
- Measurement & Metrics
- Trend Chart Toolset
- Histogram Toolset
- Quantifying Process Variability
- SPC ‐ Introduction and Background
- X and Moving Range Charts ‐ Toolset
- Pareto Chart Toolset
- MEASURE ‐ Progress Review
- Exercises and Quiz
Day 3: Tools for Improvement Analyze, Improve, and Control
- Day 3 Introduction
- Cause & Effect Diagram Toolset
- 5‐Why, 1‐How
- Scatter Plot Toolset
- ANALYZE ‐ Progress Review
- FMEA Toolset
- Prioritizing and Selecting a Solution
- Piloting a Solution
- IMPROVE ‐ Progress Review
- Control Plan
- Standardized Work ‐ Documenting Process Changes
- CONTROL ‐ Progress Review
- Exercises and Quiz