SIRIM-Fraunhofer programme is collaboration between SIRIM and Fraunhofer Institute of Germany established in 2015 to enhance productivity of SMEs in manufacturing sector. Previous success with German’s SMEs through technological innovation prompted SIRIM to adapt its methods and implement them to increase the usage of technology and innovation in Malaysia’s SME.
For its implementation, SIRIM has collaborated with the Fraunhofer Institute of Germany and adapting its methods which has been proven to be successful in enhancing productivity of the German’s SMEs through technological innovation.
SIRIM is offering 5 programme to all Malaysia’s SME manufacturing companies with 80% of the cost will be sponsored by SIRIM:
- Lean Management
- Total Preventive Maintenance
- Customer Service
Lean Management System (SIRIM 12:2017)
This is the latest lean standard in Malaysia for manufacturing industry, with objectives of:
- To provide common and structured understanding of lean management
- To specify the requirements for key activities for an organization to implement lean
- To describe the level of lean implementation
Total Preventive Maintenance (SIRIM 19:2017)
This is the latest T PMstandard in Malaysia for manufacturing industry, with objectives of:
- To provide common and structured understanding of TPM
- To specify the requirements for key activities for an organization to implement TPM
SIRIM Fraunhofer Grant Program
SIRIM is offering grant to sponsors 80% of deployment cost (worth for RM30,000) to limited numbers of companies to implement incentive as above.
The cost is inclusive the training to your staff, project coaching by the industrial expert and SIRIM standard for the specific area.
Below are the basic requirements for the grant:
- Malaysian owned’s SME company with annual revenue less than RM50 mil OR number of employees less than 200.
- Registered with SMM and other regulatory bodies
- Manufacturing Industry
- Operates more than 2 years
- Volunteering basis – willing to be audited and committed in the programme.
For more details, please email to email@example.com