Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
The 8-days Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training teaches and prepares individuals to implement the principles, practices, and techniques of Lean Six Sigma in a support capacity on a Black Belt project team. These Green Belts are traditionally lead process stakeholders and may also be assigned specific process-level improvement projects. Well trained Lean Six Sigma Green Belts will conduct on their own—projects that normally require simpler statistical tools.
All participants will be provided with Minitab Statistical Software (Trial Version) and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook (Digital Version) from Six Sigma Council.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be awarded with Certification of Completion with Six Sigma Council’s endorsement.
Who Should Attending
This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions-operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and other staff functions. Participants are normally process owners or leaders and are well versed in technical aspects of their jobs and have worked on project teams.
- Function as a ‘tools application’ member of a six sigma project team
- Lead and execute process-level improvement projects
- Collect process data and develop process maps
- Develop statistical hypotheses using simple statistical tools
- Design simple experiments and/or implementation plans that help validate improvement options
- Apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and six sigma
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
- Learn how to execute the six sigma methodology.
- Work with process owners to ensure process gains are held
Week One Course Agenda
- Overview and Foundation of Lean and Six Sigma
- Drivers and Metrics
- Theory of Constraints
- Customer Data
- Project Planning Tools
- Project Documentation
- Basic Lean Six Sigma Metrics
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Minitab
- Process Mapping
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Data Collection and Summary
- Process Capability/
Week Two Course Agenda
- Analyze Phase Overview
- Hypothesis Testing
- Graphical Analysis
- Lean Analysis Tools
- Analyze Phase Transition
- Improve Overview
- Lean Improvement Tools
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- DoE Golf Experiment
- Implementation and Validation Solutions
- Control Phase Overview
- Standard Work
- Control Charting
- Control Plans
- Control Phase Transition